Tuesday, July 28, 2009

the good things...

Adelaide--

I saw this today and I really liked it. I thought you might also.

Things money can't buy:
*the unconditional love of a dog, the feel of sand between your toes, forgiveness given or received, the sound of your husband's car in the driveway, wit of children, a kiss, being born to parents who really love you, peace from living within your means, an unexpected apology even when you've already forgiven, faith, the ability to say that life is good and really mean it even when things are tough, homegrown tomatoes, a house full of children soundly asleep at night.

i'll just add a couple:
those late night feedings with you when you look up at me and smile as if to say, thanks for getting out of your warm bed just to feed me, I was really hungry. a wink from Jeff. the wind through your hair as you ride in a boat. Key Largo sunsets combined with freshly caught lobster (caught by an 80 year old woman who can hold her breath longer than your 26 year old dad!). oh, i could go on and on. do you have any to add?

No comments:

Post a Comment